It is fair to say Covid has had a fairly disruptive effect on both work and personal/hobby life. On the negative, work has been crazy busy and attempting to do anything of value in terms of home schooling has been very trying – net effect is my hobby routine has been pretty blown and I won’t be able to go to any of the gaming events or club nights for the foreseeable future. On the positive side of things, I have had more time with the family and managed to make time to do more roleplaying via Skype. I would normally update by my blog during my commuting ‘dead time’ while on the train to London and so I have neglected doing it with the same regularity.
All said and done, I have managed to make quite a bit of progress over the last few months:
- 1 x Titanicus Warbringer Titan
I am really lucky in that I am able to work from home during lockdown and so haven’t had the hit to my family income like many have. I wanted to make sure that I could do my bit for small hobby stores so I made sure to buy something via mail order from my friendly local gaming store and that ended up being a Titanicus titan and some terrain. I did order some bits from some of the smaller hobby companies too – since there was no Salute this year I figured that it was worth spreading some of by hobby pounds around to them too.
- 2 x Legio Mortis Titanicus Warlord Titans
- 1 x Legio Mortis Titanicus Warbringer Titan
- 5 x Badab War Themed Raptor Marines
- 5 x Badar War Themed Astral Claws Tartaros Terminators
- 5 x Badar War Themed Astral Claws Tartaros Assault Terminators
- 2 x Badar War Themed Astral Claws Razorbacks
- 5 x Badar War Themed Astral Claws Assault Marines
- 1 x Horus Heresy Themed Iron Warriors Rhino
- 1 x Horus Heresy Themed Iron Warriors Predator Plasma Annihilator<
- 3 x Ultima Founding homebrew Chapter Steel Hawks
It may only average out to 10 figures a month of progress, but some of these are really complicated and time consuming to do like the Titans! Also I did manage to paint some Titanicus terrain too which I don’t normally count for or against my hobby karma scores, but it was good to get finished:
Nothing sold or given away, so for the last few months my net hobby karma is +29 and for the year it is now a moderately healthy +59. I still have plenty of things in the cupboard of shame, but lockdown has made a significant dent in it. For the next few months I am intending to focus on finishing off the Titanicus Knights, dipping into Blackstone Fortress and my long neglected Necromunda Eshers & Goliaths.