Wudugast of Convert Or Die asked me how I do my Plague Marine colour scheme, so here is a quick recipe:
Stage 1) Main powered armour plates:
- Spray undercoat with GW Chaos Black (focus on the lower model/underside, no need for complete coverage of a thick coat as there are lots of layers to put down).
- Spray overcoat with Army Painter Fur Brown (focus on the upper model)
- In the joins/recesses and anywhere where you want the under layer to show through – dab with Vallego chipping medium and use that to ‘glue’ on rock salt. Allow plenty of drying time before the next step.
- Overspray the whole model with Army Painter Skeleton bone and allow plenty of drying time again.
- Dunk the model in lukewarm water, grab a tooth brush and scrub at the salt clumps to reveal the darker brown/black in the recesses.
- Allow plenty of drying time and then pick out any recesses which still have a Skeleton Bone with a pin wash of GW Agarax Earthshade, Seraphim Sepia or Athonian Camoshade depending on your taste to add a bit of pop.
- Base coast with GW Bugman’s Glow.
- Wash with GW Reikland Flesh.
- Layer with GW Cadian Flesh and then drybrush with Kislev Flesh.
- Overwash/glaze with GW Druchii Violet.
- Base coat GW Warplock Bronze.
- Layer with GW Hashut Copper.
- Wash with GW Agarax Earthshade.
- Spot recess wash with Nihilakh Oxide.
- Edge highlight odd areas with Hashut Copper to help blend in the Nihilakh Oxide recesses.
- Basecoast GW Mechanicum Standard Grey.
- Wash with GW Nuln Oil.
- Basecoat GW Leadbelcher.
- Spot with GW Typhus Corrosion.
- Over wash with with GW Agarax Earthshade.
- Drybrush odd spots with GW Ryza Rust.
- Spot with GW Blood for the Blood God and/or Nurgle’s Rot to personal taste.
Voila – then you are done! It might seem like quite a lot of steps, but it is pretty quick to do.